Saturday 30 January 2010

WBCOOP Event 6 Result

This is just a quick one to say that I did not win. I came in 3rd and earned a $215 SCOOP ticket. The total field size was 1939 and to finish so high up is a big accomplishment for me.



Along the way I had my coach on the same tabled and got an in-depth look into a genius at work. He not only abuse the rest of the table, I was also not spared. There was a hand early on when I was dealt AA in the BB, Coach raised it just over min as we are taught, I 3 Bet and he folded. Now I am not entirely sure whether it was an error since I know that he is raising loads of hands, he knows I know this, therefore smooth call from me would start alarm bells in his head, by re-raising he is going to fold all the rubbish hands so what do I do? Will speak to him about it.

The best part of the night was actually crippling him to 2-3BB. I raised UTG (just over min raise) with AsKs, table chip lead re-raises 3x my raise, coach shoves! Now if this was any other play I would have had to hesitate really think if my AK was good but knowing coach it was an easy call, table chip lead tanks a little while and folds (stating he had 99 and was insta calling coach)! Coach turns up with Td8d and in Dale Roxxu's live stream says here's the flush coming... unfortunately for him he doesn't get there and I am on my way.

It will be pretty interesting reviewing the HH but will need one of the coaches to assist to see if I was playing too nitty, loose, or donkishly. On a final note, not sure what to do with 2 SCOOP tickets, may look to sell if possible.

Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment