Wednesday 6 January 2010

January... the story so far

I started the New Year off in style with quite a few beers with friends and family but finished earlier then previous years 2am rather than 7am). It came as a surprise when I woke up around 10am feeling refreshed after a quick shower and a bite to eat. Unfortunately, we had some visitors in the house and they were sleeping in the same room as the PC so poker had to wait... damn it I want a big house!!

All I wanted to do was play poker and really was anxious to start the year as I intend to carry on. I managed to get my session in eventually and ran like GOD. Managed to get to 5 FTs and they were all running at the same time. It was unbelievable and finished 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th and 6th for a roi of 168%!!

Since that amazing first day of the month run, I have had a mixed bag of results the last 3 days being a little tough and am going to look at the HH to investigate whether it was play bad or run bad. I suspect that it was a bit of both but either way, I am happy my game is progressing. After watching a “Devo” video on PVT I am making notes on players during the breaks on their general stats and labelling them, think this will help me to understand players tendencies. It’s pretty hard to take notes while multi-tabling so if any one has any hints/tips on this then let me know.

So far the month looks like:
Games: 124
ROI: 20.6%



I think these are solid numbers but the fact of the matter is that I definitely feel that I deserved to have a much higher ROI then currently achieving. It’s unbelievable how fishy and stupid some of these players are. Hopefully I can catch them when I run good to prove to them those AK vs 52hh won’t win you games that often you stupid big stack fish!!

Going to have a long review session using re-player and Sit n Go Wizard (two must tools) for online poker. Hopefully did not make too many fishy mistakes!

Good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment