Tuesday 16 March 2010

Exciting Times

The title of my blog can mean a lot of things to different people. As a Project Manager, exciting times generally means that the project is about to go live. I had two such successes at the tail end of last year both of which were high profile in the company I work for. Considering I was only a project manager for less then 6 months just proves that I will get the job done... and SUCCESSFULLY.

The reason for the excitement today is that I was told I can move up stakes. Yes, from now on I will be focusing mainly on the $6 KO tourneys with a mix of the $12's when they load. I can say that the $3 games were good to me and that the regs playing them will be happy to see the back of me. The regs at the $6 got to know a little about me but they had better watch out cause I will be mixing it up with them more regularly and crushing their souls. As for the $12 regs - enjoy them while you can... your time will come... it's not a matter of if but a matter of when!!!

As for one of my yearly goals, I stated I wanted to be playing the $12s and expected to get there round the June/July mark. It's unbelievable to me when I started this journey that this could be achieved only 5 months into the training. Once again thanks to Nick and Bodeye for all their help in moulding me into the payer I am and know there is a lot to learn - I will try to work as hard as possible and repay you for you time and effort.

Let the next level of crushing begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. WP!

    Are you able you give me any advice regarding how I can get rainman to eventually accept me for coaching? What kind of goals should I set to get to a good enough standard to be considered? Is he mainly interested in people who can demonstrate volume and consistency + some ability?

    After playing cash for a year I started playing the $1 45s on stars this month and a few £2 180s. As you advised I sent him an email but got no reply - given that I just started I'm not surprised. I expect I need to get a lot more experience. Any advice you think you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Havin a laff

    I believe Nick gets a lot of emails regarding training so it take a while to get through them all. He does want students to be able to put in the time and effort and not so much results.

    A new bunch of guys started at the start of this month so not sure when he will be taking more.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project $52 starting now and hopefully only thing your managing this time next year is all the money your winning from the fish.

    ReplyDelete